USA Small Group Hiking Tours – hotel based escorted tours
These hiking and walking tours of the Western USA combine comfortable hotel and log cabin nights with day hikes from 2-5 hours in duration to some of the most spectacular, remote hiking spots in America. Discover a world left untarnished by human influence as you hike in gorgeous natural scenic areas. Revel in the beauty and take photos in the hidden parts of several famous parks, and spot interesting wildlife and landscape features far from mass-tourism’s beaten path. Our escapes into nature are for groups of 4 – 12 participants. Tours are guided experienced tour guides. For detailed itineraries of these tours please click on image links below. Please call us or send us an email to receive further information. Travel USA – For further information about our terms and reservations please view the specific pages.
Included in each of our adventure travel tours: (details found on our terms and conditions page)
Not Included in these small group tours: (details found on our terms and conditions page)
- Roundtrip transportation in an air-conditioned mini-bus, 12- or 14-passenger bus
- 2 professionals: a knowledgeable tour guide and a driver for optimal service and security, available around the clock – with less than 9 participants only one tour guide/driver
- Accommodation in selected, often small middle class hotels, rated *** or **, some historic hotels or comfortable cabins with restroom/shower
- All excursions, museums, park entrance fees, and attractions included in the official schedule described on the website
- A well designed tour itinerary filled with exciting activities, many off-the-beaten-track
- Some breakfast, at least one dinner or welcome appetizer and drink, on some tours a BBQ lunch grilled by our guides, snacks or fruit and water during the tour, a personal re-usable water bottle
- Picnic utensils and trimmings, cool box, walking sticks upon request, rain protection – most lunches are picnics where participants purchase their favorite foods that can be stored in a cool box (costs about $5-$8/person)
- First aid box
Reservations, payment terms and small group surcharges, for bookings beginning January 1, 2016-2021:
- Your flight to and from the tour start and end (we are happy to help you arrange your flight)
- Transfer from the airport to the hotel (depending on the tour the airport transfer is included)
- Trip cancellation insurance, luggage- and health insurance
- Tips for tour guides (recommendation – $2-$5/day/person) and tips for hotel maids ($1/night/person)
- Meals except the ones listed as included – picnic lunch $5-$8/person, dinner $15-$25/person
- Optional activities (white water rafting, horseback riding, helicopter flights, etc.)
(information found on our reservations page)
Special Terms during COVID-19:
We realize that during these times it’s hard to predict what 2021 will bring in terms of travel restrictions and COVID-19 outbreaks, and though we feel confident that next year will bring positive changes, we’d like you to know that we are going to be flexible to accommodate changing travel plans! With that in mind we are temporarily changing our terms and conditions for all new bookings. We will still collect 30% deposit at the time of booking, however this will be refundable up to 60 days prior to tour departure, with a $200 non-refundable service charge should you need to cancel (instead of the 10% plus non-refundable reservations exceeding this amount). For cancellations closer to tour departure we will still use the same cancellation policy outlined below, and we highly recommend obtaining cancellation insurance to cover your changing plans. Should we need to cancel a tour on our end because of government restrictions you will have the choice of a full refund or rescheduling your tour departure to a different date with no additional cost.
Except in special circumstances booking is required no later than 8 weeks before the tour start date, contact Travel Dream West for last-minute booking availability. At booking time 30% of the total tour price is paid, in US dollars (all taxes and fees are included in the total price). Four weeks before the tour the entire price of the trip must be paid. By cancellation of a tour: before 60 days refund minus 10% of total tour price and any non-refundable reservations exceeding this amount, 59-30 days 20% of the tour price, 29-15 days before tour 50%, 14-8 days before tour 70% and 7-0 days before tour 100% of the total tour price. With five or less participants a small group surcharge per person will apply between U$200 – US$450. With 3 or less participants a special arrangement will be offered. You will be informed at least 45 days before departure if such small group surcharge would apply and be added to your rest-payment. If any additional participants would sign-up on short notice, Travel Dream West reimburses the small group surcharge on the first day of the tour.
Each escorted tour will be provided as described on the web page and in brochures and catalogs and has no more than 12 participants plus knowledgeable tour guide.. Our tours are planned a year in advance, and therefore it is sometimes necessary to update our schedule and make small changes – you will be informed of these promptly. If a change in itinerary would lower the costs of the tour Travel Dream West will reimburse you for the difference. Our responsibility begins at the start of the tour, you are responsible for your own transportation to and from the tour meeting place and timely arrival.
Limits on Travel Dream West’s responsibility:
Travel Dream West Inc. purchases transportation, hotel accommodations, restaurant and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control. Travel Dream West cannot therefore be liable for death, personal injury or any other loss that may occur due to any act or omission of any such supplier, or by any reason of any other event over which it has no control.